Express Wrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A wrestling Forum for every wrestling fans who loves this buisness

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

What's your reaction to all the short-lived title reigns in RAW History?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
womenwrestlerfan
Admin
womenwrestlerfan

What's your reaction to all the short-lived title reigns in RAW History? Empty
PostSubject: What's your reaction to all the short-lived title reigns in RAW History?   What's your reaction to all the short-lived title reigns in RAW History? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 28, 2013 7:48 pm

Hey guys,

In the 20 year history of RAW, we have seen lots of matches and lots of title changes, but (not counting the Hardcore Title), we have seen people hold a championship in the shortest reign in the 20 year history of Monday Night RAW and what I do mean by that is, people winning the title and losing it on RAW in the same night

You know, kinda like 20 years ago @ WRESTLEMANIA IX when the late Yokozuna won and lost the WWE Heavyweight Championship in the same night-def. Bret Hart in the Main Event and then, losing it to Hulk Hogan @ the end or as Mike Tenay from WCW & TNA use to say, the titles have been nothing more than a Hot Potato

Here's a look @ the shortest title reigns in the 20 year history of Monday Night RAW

March 19, 2001 - RAW IS WAR on The NEW TNN - Edge & Christian challenged The Hardys for the WWE World Tag Team Championship

Edge & Christian def. The Hardys to regain the belts for a 6th time, but then, later that same night, The Dudley Boys def. Edge & Christian to regain the WWE World Tag Team Championship for a 3rd time and that lead to another TLC Match @ WRESTLEMANIA X-7 when Edge & Christian def. The Dudleys and The Hardys in a Summerslam 2000 Return Match to win their 7th and Final World Tag Team Championship together before losing them the week after WRESTLEMANIA X-7 to Kane & The Undertaker on SD! on upn

Edge & Christian holds the record for the shortest reign in WWE History

October 27, 2003 - RAW on SPIKE TV - Chris Jericho & Rob Van Dam battle it out for the WWE I-C Heavyweight Championship

RVD & Y2J had battled twice on RAW for the I-C Belt, Jericho def. RVD thanks to interference by Eric Bischoff to become I-C Champ for a 6th time, but then, Stone Cold told Jericho that he would have to defend the belt against RVD on that same night inside the Steel Cage and when RVD escaped the cage, he regained the I-C Belt for a 6th time

October 12, 2009 - RAW on USA Network - Jillian Hall challenged Mickie James for the WWE Divas Championship

Jillian Hall def. Mickie James to win the Divas Belt when she put her feet on the ropes, but just when Jillian was about ready to celebrate, Famed HOLLYWOOD Reporter Nancy O'Dell (who was the Special Guest Host on RAW that night along with Maria Menounos) announced that there was a Diva Trade and so, Jillian had to defend her title that same night against her former associate Melina Perez

Melina returned and she def. her Former Image Consultant to not only win the Divas Title for the very 1st time, but she became the 3rd woman in WWE History to hold both the WWE Divas Title and the WWE Women's Title

So far, Jillian is the 1st lady to hold the record for the shortest reign as WWE Divas Champion

July 25, 2011 - RAW Supershow on USA Network - WWE COO Triple H looks to crown a Brand New WWE Heavyweight Champion

CM Punk won the WWE Heavyweight Championship @ Money in the Bank 2011 when he def. John Cena making him only the 2nd man in history to hold the WWE, ECW and WORLD Heavyweight Championship

However, the following night, just when Vince McMahon was about to fire John Cena, Triple H took over as COO of the company while Punk escaped from the WWE with the belt, but then, the next week, Rey Mysterio and The Miz did battle to crown a NEW WWE Heavyweight Champion, Mysterio def. The Miz to become the WWE Heavyweight Champion for the very 1st time, but after the match, Alberto Del Rio was about ready to cash in Money in the Bank, but that plan backfired, but later that night, John Cena def. Rey Mysterio to become the 1st EVER 9x WWE Heavyweight Champion, but on that night, CM Punk returned and @ Summerslam 24, they did battle to see who will become the Undisputed WWE Heavyweight Champion

Punk won that night via controversy, but after the match, with Cena and Triple H arguing, Kevin Nash came out and attacked CM Punk, which allowed Alberto Del Rio to cash in Money in the Bank and become the Undisputed WWE Heavyweight Champion

and that's your look @ the history of the shortest lived title reigns in the History of Monday Night RAW

I would like to know, what's your reaction to all of this?

are the WWE playing Hot Potato with their titles?

THAT'S THE QUESTION!

Please share your thoughts on all of this

Edge & Christian holding the traditional WWE World Tag Team Championship
What's your reaction to all the short-lived title reigns in RAW History? Tt-edgechristian0-1

Chris Jericho holding the WWE I-C Heavyweight Championship
What's your reaction to all the short-lived title reigns in RAW History? Ic-jericho08th-3

Jillian Hall holding the WWE Divas Championship for the shortest time
What's your reaction to all the short-lived title reigns in RAW History? Jillian_Hall_Divas_display_image_zpsf3c6716f

Rey Mysterio-The shortest reign in the history of RAW
What's your reaction to all the short-lived title reigns in RAW History? Rey-Mysterio-WWE-Champion1

and now, here are some Video Clips:

Edge & Christian WORLD Tag Team Title Matches on RAW is WAR on The NEW TNN - 4/19/01

Edge & Christian vs. The Hardys w/Lita

Edge & Christian vs. The Dudleys later that same night

Chris Jericho vs. Rob Van Dam on RAW on SPIKE TV - 10/27/03

Jillian Hall competing against Mickie James and later Melina Perez on RAW on USA Network - 10/12/09

Rey Mysterio WWE Heavyweight Title Matches on RAW Supershow on USA Network - 7/25/11

Rey Mysterio vs. The Miz

Rey Mysterio celebrating backstage after winning the WWE Heavyweight Gold

Rey Mysterio vs. John Cena

CM Punk Returns to RAW
Back to top Go down

What's your reaction to all the short-lived title reigns in RAW History?
Page 1 of 1