Express Wrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A wrestling Forum for every wrestling fans who loves this buisness

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Why did Randy Orton's World Title Reign end too soon?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
womenwrestlerfan
Admin
womenwrestlerfan

Why did Randy Orton's World Title Reign end too soon? Empty
PostSubject: Why did Randy Orton's World Title Reign end too soon?   Why did Randy Orton's World Title Reign end too soon? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 9:58 pm

Hey guys, whether you're a fan of this guy or not, I want to talk about this man:

Randy Orton

Randy Orton was the I-C Champion ever since Armageddon back in 2003 which was 5 years ago last month, but his 30 week reign came to an end @ the hands of Edge

But ever since Brock Lesnar's Departure from the WWE after his horrific match with Goldberg @ Wrestlemania XX, Randy Orton made history @ Summerslam when he became the Youngest World Heavyweight Champion in WWE History @ the age of 24

He def. the late Chris Benoit in Trish's Hometown of Toronto, Ontario Canada

However, the night after Summerslam, Orton was kicked out of Evolution by Triple H, Ric Flair and Batista

But then 4 weeks later after his win @ Summerslam, he lost the World Heavyweight Championship to Triple H

But soon, Orton's Former Evolution Tag Team Partner Batista would soon win the World Heavyweight Championship from Triple H @ Wrestlemania 21

and so, I ask you all this:

Why did Randy Orton's World Heavyweight Title Reign end too soon?

Was it b/c of Punishment by Vince McMahon, was this one of Triple H's Ideas to take the World Title from him, was it one of Stephanie McMahon's Creative Idea to break up Evolution or was it the fact that Randy Orton's World Title win is just another way of the WWE wanting to forget about Brock Lesnar?

That's the Question!

Please share your thoughts on this.

Why did Randy Orton's World Title Reign end too soon? 13-14

Last edited by womenwrestlerfan on Sat Jan 17, 2009 10:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mattitude Follower

Mattitude Follower

PostSubject: Re: Why did Randy Orton's World Title Reign end too soon?   Why did Randy Orton's World Title Reign end too soon? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 12:52 pm

I think WWE wanted to get the tag of youngest ever WWE Champion off Brock Lesnar while they still could and Randy Orton was the most developed young wrestler at the time. Vince McMahon has been proven to be very bitter and petty so I don't see this being beyond him.

However, I also think Triple H wanted to inch closer to Ric Flair's 16 World title record so I'm sure he was instrumental in why Orton's reign was brough to an end so soon after it had begun as well as the general direction of the Evolution.

The most obvious answer and probably the main factor is how Randy bombed as a face. This was mainly down to poor booking and build-up but Randy didn't do very well in his first major breakthrough so it's not suprising the belt was taken off him. Against HHH at the Royal Rumble, the fans cheered for Trips, the heel.
Back to top Go down
http://chaingangsoldier.fullboards.com/portal.htm
Flair3
Admin
Flair3

PostSubject: Re: Why did Randy Orton's World Title Reign end too soon?   Why did Randy Orton's World Title Reign end too soon? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2009 5:27 pm

I totaly agree with you Mattitude Follower. I think That Vince wanted to take the Younguest champion tag away from Lesnar. And i also think that Vince tought that Orton wasnt ready yet to have a long run with the Title, let alone have him as world champion. Thats why Orton dropped the belt to Triple H one Month Later.
Back to top Go down
https://expresswrestling.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why did Randy Orton's World Title Reign end too soon?   Why did Randy Orton's World Title Reign end too soon? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Why did Randy Orton's World Title Reign end too soon?
Page 1 of 1