Express Wrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A wrestling Forum for every wrestling fans who loves this buisness

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Royal Rumble '92 Moment; Piper & Flair win Championship Gold

Go down 
AuthorMessage
womenwrestlerfan
Admin
womenwrestlerfan

Royal Rumble '92 Moment; Piper & Flair win Championship Gold Empty
PostSubject: Royal Rumble '92 Moment; Piper & Flair win Championship Gold   Royal Rumble '92 Moment; Piper & Flair win Championship Gold I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 1:45 pm

Hey guys, here's another Royal Rumble Moment from 1992:

Ric Flair and Rowdy Roddy Piper wins Championship Gold

Here's what happend:

2 days before the Royal Rumble, The Mountie def. Bret Hart in Springfield, NY to win the I-C Heavyweight Championship

However, @ the Royal Rumble, it was the Rowdy one that challenged The Mountie for the belt, but @ the end, it was Rowdy Roddy Piper who won the match and @ the age of 37 years old, he became the WWE Intercontinental Heavyweight Champion that night

It would be the 1st time that Rowdy Roddy Piper has held a championship in the WWE

Later that night, it was the Royal Rumble Match, this time, with the winner becoming the NEW WWE World Heavyweight Champion, 30 men were in the ring, but when it came down to 3, Sid Vicious elimnated Hulk Hogan and then @ the end, it was Ric Flair (with the help of Hogan) that eliminated Sid Vicious to win the Royal Rumble Match and the WWE World Heavyweight Champion for the very 1st time @ the age of 42 just 1 month shy of his 43rd Birthday

and not counting Vince McMahon, Ric Flair also became the oldest wrestler to win the traditional WWE Heavyweight Championship

Flair also became the 1st man in history to win 3 World Heavyweight Championships in the NWA, WCW and of course the WWE

However, 11 weeks later @ Wrestlemania VIII, both Piper and Flair lost the belts that same night

Piper lost the I-C Gold to Bret "The Hitman" Hart and Ric Flair lost the World Title to Randy Savage better known as The Macho Man

and now, 17 years later, the I-C Title is now in the hands of CM Punk and the WWE Title is now in the hands of Jeff Hardy and as for Piper and Flair, Piper still makes wrestling and TV appearances and Ric Flair is now in the NWA managing his 2 sons.

and that's your look @ a Royal Rumble Moment from 1992:

Rowdy Roddy Paiper and Ric Flair WINS Championship Gold in 1 night

Royal Rumble '92 Moment; Piper & Flair win Championship Gold Ic-piper01-1
Royal Rumble '92 Moment; Piper & Flair win Championship Gold Wrld-flair01st-1
Back to top Go down

Royal Rumble '92 Moment; Piper & Flair win Championship Gold
Page 1 of 1