Express Wrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A wrestling Forum for every wrestling fans who loves this buisness

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Ronnie Garvin SHOOTS on Jim Crockett Promotions

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
womenwrestlerfan
Admin
womenwrestlerfan

Ronnie Garvin SHOOTS on Jim Crockett Promotions Empty
PostSubject: Ronnie Garvin SHOOTS on Jim Crockett Promotions   Ronnie Garvin SHOOTS on Jim Crockett Promotions I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 5:21 pm

Ronnie Garvin Reveals The Legend Who Purposely Screwed Up His NWA World Heavyweight Title Reign, Why He Did It, And How It Lead To The End Of Jim Crocket Promotions

What are your hands made out of? Flesh? HA! This week's special guest on ClubWWI.com has hands made of stone. Even better, he used those hands to knock out opponents from coast to coast en route to numerous title reigns. That's right. The man who stomped his way into history, Rugged Ronnie Garvin, has joined ClubWWI for a 40 minute shoot that punches a hole right through the dressing room door.

Most famous with many fans for his brutal WWF matches with Greg Valentine and his NWA World Heavyweight Title win over Ric Flair, Garvin has had a long and storied career. Now, in a rare discussion, he talks to James Guttman about his entire career as well as today's wrestling (plus American Idol
and Dancing with the Stars – talk about covering a lot of ground!)

One topic that JG brought up in the uncut shoot was Ronnie's brief NWA World Heavyweight Title win. It was shocking to many and seemed to be dropped fairly quickly. Garvin explains:

"It's a business deal and, you know, Dusty Rhodes screwed it all up. Because he didn't want it to happen. It's jealousy and that's one of the reasons I quit Crocket Promotion - NWA. After that, I wasn't there long. I was gone. I'm the only guy who lost the belt and never had a return match."

Guttman brings up Ronnie's brief heel turn before leaving and he again points to Dusty Rhodes as the one behind it. Ron then speaks about Dusty's jealousy of him and names one specific thing that he did which really made Rhodes envious. In the end, though, it all comes back to the same general problem that plagues many companies.

"It's politics. You know what I mean? Politics - and it eventually destroyed Crocket Promotions."

credit: worldwrestlinginsanity.com
Back to top Go down
Flair3
Admin
Flair3

Ronnie Garvin SHOOTS on Jim Crockett Promotions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ronnie Garvin SHOOTS on Jim Crockett Promotions   Ronnie Garvin SHOOTS on Jim Crockett Promotions I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 5:10 am

Man, im not suprised about that at all that Garvin said such a thing. Rhodes had a lot of stoke back then in JCP, however, Rhodes wasnt making the decisions, it was a damn comitee who made that decision. Also i have it on good authority that many of the NWA promoters were against the fact of having Garvin as a world champion for an extended period of time. I like Garvin a lot and thats not just because we are from the province of Quebec, but because i have always liked his guts, toughness and resiliancy in the ring. The guy was tough as nails.

Ron, as much as i like you man, i think sometimes it would be better for you to shut your mouth instead of sounding like a bitter old man.
Back to top Go down
https://expresswrestling.forumotion.com

Ronnie Garvin SHOOTS on Jim Crockett Promotions
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Express Wrestling :: Wrestling in General :: Wrestling News in general-
Jump to: