Express Wrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A wrestling Forum for every wrestling fans who loves this buisness

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Steve "Mongo" McMichael Interview 12/8/02

Go down 
AuthorMessage
womenwrestlerfan
Admin
womenwrestlerfan

Steve "Mongo" McMichael Interview 12/8/02 Empty
PostSubject: Steve "Mongo" McMichael Interview 12/8/02   Steve "Mongo" McMichael Interview 12/8/02 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 6:44 pm

Hey guys, check this out:

Steve "Mongo" McMichael talks about WCW, Hulk Hogan, his thoughts on Eric Bischoff and Vince McMahon, plus why he hasn't spoke to Debra in years.

Used with courtesy of 1wrestling.com...

On December 8th, 2002, former Chicago Bears defensive tackle, and former WCW (World Championship Wrestling) wrestler Steve McMichael was doing an autograph signing at Sidelines Bar in Lynwood, Illinois. I asked him if it was okay to do an interview with him, and he said fine as long as I don’t misquote him. I will do my best not to do that, and only give exact direct quotes of what I was able to write down with the time I had.

1. Favorite opponent?

He said he liked fighting Ric Flair and Arn Anderson, from his first match where he turned on Kevin Greene. He said that Flair and Anderson “Taught him how to wrestle.”

2. Never wrestled but wanted to?

He said that there was no one he never had gotten in the ring with that he wanted to.

3. What was it like fighting Goldberg?

He enjoyed it. He said that “Billy was his kind of guy” and it was “fun on the road” being with Goldberg.

4. Being a heel or face?

He said that he “loved being the heel.” He was able to be “more colorful with the crowd.”

5. Best friend in wrestling?

He said that they were “all friends.” He didn’t have a road buddy, like Sting and Lex Luger were. He mentioned Rey Misterio Jr., Juventud Guerrera, Goldberg, Scott Hall, and Kevin Nash as guys he would talk to the most.

6. Favorite wrestler to watch now?

The Rock. He mentioned that since Rock was a college defensive tackle, he has to support his fellow defensive linemen.

7. If still a wrestler, which show would you be on, Raw or Smackdown?

“Neither. Nitro.” he responded.

8. Who would you like to wrestle now?

Brock Lesnar he said. He said that he was a college wrestler, and that he would “pull easy.”

9. Still talk to your ex wife, Debra?

“No. That was over a long time ago. She is Stone Cold’s problem now.’ He said that the sweet country girl he married years ago changed.

10. Best memory in the business?

“Winning the United States Heavyweight Championship Belt.” He also said that “being in the ring with Hulk Hogan shows that you’ve made it in the business.”

11. Favorite town to wrestle in. “Chicago.” He said it was great to wrestle in Chicago, because the heat here from the crowd would always be positive.

12. Fighting Hulk Hogan?

He said Hogan wasn’t someone you’d want to “throw a potato at.” You can’t hurt the franchise. He really enjoyed wrestling with him though.

13. Ending your wrestling career?

He said three things ended it. “A blood clot, a travel bag full of dirty clothes, and a marketing check from Ted Turner for one cent.” That is when he knew his career was over.

14. Eric Bischoff and Vince McMahon?

“I wish they killed each other off.”

He also said they didn’t let him win many matches, but he did beat Chris Jericho once.
Back to top Go down

Steve "Mongo" McMichael Interview 12/8/02
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Express Wrestling :: Extinct Wrestling Organisations :: WCW-
Jump to: