Express Wrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A wrestling Forum for every wrestling fans who loves this buisness

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Wrestling's Top Five Sibling Rivalries

Go down 
AuthorMessage
womenwrestlerfan
Admin
womenwrestlerfan

Wrestling's Top Five Sibling Rivalries Empty
PostSubject: Wrestling's Top Five Sibling Rivalries   Wrestling's Top Five Sibling Rivalries I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 23, 2011 2:47 am

Hey guys, here's an article that I found in the Inside Wrestling/The Wrestler Magazine from late 2007

It's called

WRESTLING'S TOP FIVE SIBLING RIVALRIES

Check it out:

Oh, and BTW, I'm going to start w/#5 and go all the way down to #1

Here it goes:

Some of the most memorable storylines of the past two decades have taken place when Wrestling Brothers have butted heads. Despite the unfortunate circumstances that always seem to lead to such confrontations, Brother-vs.-Brother Matches (whether they are Real or Faux Siblings) are usually highly competitive and, quite oftenm become classics.

#5 Terry Funk vs. Dory Funk, Jr.

This was hardly a rivalry, but the fact that they only wrestled each other one time made their 1981 match in Japan that much more memorable. Dory was scheduled to defend All Japan's International Title against Bruiser Brody, but Brody was injured the night before and could not compete. A substitute was needed and Terry stepped forward. The match was a 53-minute classic, with both men going all-out yet sticking mostly to the rulebook. Dory scored a pinfall victory and the two agreed to never to do it again.

#4 Rick Steiner vs. Scott Steiner

The Steiner Brothers were considered one of Wrestling's Greatest Tag Teams. When the tandem dissolved in 1998, Rick & Scott competed against each other in singles matches, in addition to facing off in Tag Team Action with New Tag Partners. Scott's rivalry with Rick prepared him for a lengthy, highly successful run as a Singles Competitor in WCW, while it earned Rick the undivided sympathy of Steiner Brothers Fans.

#3 Ian Rotten vs. Axl Rotten

Possibly the bloodiest feud in ECW History, the much-heralded wars between the Rotten Brothers helped to push "Extreme" to New Limits. Although Ian & Axl had many great matches with one another, their most famous was undoubtly 1995's "Taipei Death Match". With the help of Glass-Covered lists (as well as a competing backstory), the siblings helped further define ECW's already hardcore image.

#2 The Undertaker vs. Kane

Fans were introduced to Kane through a twisting and suspense-filled storylines. Though Undertaker's "little" half-brother was unable to gain a victory over him at first, he came the closest to beating "The Dead Man." Kane was also established as a character through his relation to 'Taker. After all, someone sharing "The Phenom's" bloodline (and who had also mastered the tombstone piledriver) must have been tough in his own right.

and here's THE #1 Sibling Rivalry in Professional Wrestling:

BRET "THE HITMAN" HART VS. OWEN HART

This was not only Bret's major title defense following his second WWE Heavyweight Title win, but it was also Owen's first and only foray into WWE Main-Event Single's Competition. The Entire Hart Family became involved: Parents Stu & Helen, Brothers Bruce & Keith, and Brothers-in-Law "The British Bulldog" Davey Boy Smith & Jim "The Anvil" Neidhart. This rivalry dealt with Real Familial Situations (usually stemming from jealousy), and it resonated deeply with audiences.

-Kevin McElvaney

and that's a look @ Wrestling's Top Five Sibling Rivalries from Inside Wrestling/The Insider Magazine

and now, will a feud between Matt Hardy and Jeff Hardy top any of these rivalries?

That's the Question!

Please feel free to comment on any of this right here.

Well listen to what somebody said on here and this is from a friend of mine from another forum

Check it out:

Alright! Bret and Owen! This was definately the best sibling rivalry. It all began at Survivor Series 93, when Owen was eliminated in the Hart Brothers vs. HBK and his Knights match. Blaming it all on Bret. They were able to patch things up around Christmas, but when it came time for Royal Rumble 94....things stirred up again. Bret got a knee injury during the tag team match against the Quebecers, and the ref stopped the match, claiming he couldn't continue (which was BS) Owen got angry and so began the feud between him and Bret.

These two had so many great matches together, you can't fail with two of the best in history. Plus, the story they told captured audience attention. On his DVD, Bret said some fans came to him with tears in their eyes, saying "there's a brother I haven't talked to in years, is there any way I can patch things up with him" Obviously, the storyline touched people. It felt so authentic, that Bret and Owen had to sit in different seats on a plane, and eat at different restaurants to make their feud look very legit.

Anyway, I don't remember the other feuds too well. Except for Rick and Scott Steiner. These two were a wonderful tag team together (before the Big Poppa Pump days) and knew their tag team psycology very well. It pained me to see them split in WCW, as a brother against brother storyline, seeing how great of a team they were. Mostly because they couldn't make their storyline as legit as Bret/Owen.
Back to top Go down

Wrestling's Top Five Sibling Rivalries
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Express Wrestling :: Wrestling in General :: General Wrestling discussions-
Jump to: